"I wonder if that was from the pastrami rueben I had yesterday?"

Friday, September 25, 2020

Race for the Galaxy

Played last night on Board Game Arena with friends from California and Maryland.   While digital gaming does leave some things to be desired, it was nice to catch up with people before and after the games.  And while Zoom meetings are not the same as in person meetings, my wife and I are learning to adapt.

Race for the Galaxy is fun.  You draft planets and development cards to earn resources and victory points, or bonuses to future actions.  You pick one action every round and gain a bonus for that action, but you can still perform other actions (without the bonus) if someone else picks that action for the round.  It's another one of those games that's easy to play but I suspect there is a lot of underlying strategy that none of us are getting yet.  I like the theme of building an interstellar empire, although, apart from the card art, the theme could have been anything at all.  It's an older game, but still fun in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment